Blue Sun Mod

Blue Sun Mod for 7.62: High Calibre

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Translating HardLife Addon

[email protected]
Administrator

So, it's finally time to make HLA available in other languages. Our friend Deadhead wnts to know if there is anyone in this community that has some spare time to offer. If so, report your interest here and I'll set up the particulars.

I think it's the English version that has highest priority, but maybe there's interest for a German version as well? Can someone top Michnilch's work with BSM? :P

--

Nullus Anxietas

May 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DeadHead
Thanks, [email protected] :) I have started the translation of HLA to english several weeks ago. There a lot of strings to translate, about 6500 phrases of different length. At this moment I did only about 10%. From the beginning we didnt have an idea to translate HLA, so we wrote texts sometimes in crazy russian slang. So someone familiar to russian would be great. If no, I will participate closely and help to understand difficult places.
--

May 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aenur

Appreciate that very much and looking forward to HLA. Sadly I`m from west not east Germany so no russian language knowledge at all :/

May 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SilverGirl

probably nothing i can offer, i don't know anything of russian or german, if there was some kind of portuguese translation maybe i could be useful but i don't know any brazilian or portuguese speaking player that plays this game besides me

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW WEAPON MOD THREAD IS HERE >>>>> http://mercapocalypse.freeforums.net/thread/2/wip-mercapocalypse-new-weapons

May 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Milchknilch

I doubt I'm of any help here since I don't speak russian. I could review the english version for typos or something, still a native speanker would be much more useful.

May 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Freedom0777

i dont know a word of english but has anyone tried using google translate? ive used it a couple of times, sometimes it comes out right, sometimes it doesnt, might make things quicker for ye.

May 2, 2014 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DeadHead

Right now, I use qTranslate app, its a client for on-line translators such as Google, Promt, Yandex, and some others. Google Translate is best of others but still, most of texts are messed. Much of editing is required.

--

May 3, 2014 at 6:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

No3No4

That's a great thing! Many Thanks DeadHead!

One thought, is it possible or helpful to set up a particular thread in HardLife Forum and put 10 or 20 long (complex) phrases there each week? In case any Russian speaking HardLife players have time to take a look on them and provide some ideas.

May 3, 2014 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Straker

I can't remember who set it up but didn't somebody set up a webiste when 7.62 was only avaliable in Russian as E6. Possibly the same guy who did the interface translation?

It had all of the phrases done by google translate which any person could sign up and make into a sensible sentence (or skip it if you had no idea). You just had to press next and another random one came up.

Eventually there was a forum thread with brief outlines of plots that really helped as well when coming up with translations. Took a couple of weeks to get it all done IIRC.

Something like that would be great for community involvement so you could just review them rather than having to do them all yourself.

Edited to add obviously I would like to help with this.

May 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DeadHead
Well, I did it so: I searched for a portal intended for crowd translations. I tried to find something international, but english sites have poor functionality or cost money. So the only option left is russian notabenoid.com, which provide full functionality for free, but its odd that it has no interface for other languages. I have already added some translation, anyone can see it, except that original text is available for registered users only. Also its possible to left comments for eash part of text. WARNING! Critical spoilers from the beginning :) Check the google translated site by link http://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&hl=ru&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://notabenoid.com/book/51316/216024&sandbox=0&usg=ALkJrhhN3_JKvsiZDgcubOxyAMHAT9V0Yw
--

May 5, 2014 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

D_F_N aka "realism freak" :)

The guy who set up the 7.62 translation was Afp. It was something he did on his own IIRC.

You logged on to a page which gave you 3 translations for one phrase - each by a different on-line translator- and you had to write the final translation yourself (or copy paste any of the 3 if it was correct).

Then there was somebody -was it Cashko? -who new russian fairly well and reviewed the original phrases and the translated ones. I dont remember his name exactly but he saved the day...

Ahhhh, Fun Times!

Anyway, something like the above with Deadhead doing the overwatch/proofing would be the quickest -and best IMHO - way. Other than that maybe Deadhead can email 100 lines to each one who likes to contribute and then get the translations and do the proofing, then 100 more lines... etc etc

For any of the above count me in, though i remember very little from the russian i learned and i have limited time.

Btw i m very happy , i was waiting for this translation to start almost 6 years now!  Thanks Deadhead!

--

okay guys, please read this for now. Announcement of new Mod and Forum.

May 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DeadHead

Hi, guys

After a half of a year, I am back, and happy to bring good news. The translation of HLA is almost complete. There are still some work to do. But we have already prepared the test version of english HLA.

It is not perfect so we don't want to spoil the first impression, but still it has to be tested. So if someone wishes to participate and check the stability of the game, are welcome to contact me (PM, I guess, or this thread) and I will share the test release.

--

October 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SilverGirl

nice! very interesting, im willing to port my mod over to the english HLA as well if possible, not sure if i can test the english HLA now, but i may have some more time next week, i'll answer you then if im able!

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW WEAPON MOD THREAD IS HERE >>>>> http://mercapocalypse.freeforums.net/thread/2/wip-mercapocalypse-new-weapons

October 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Barabbas

DeadHead at October 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi, guys

After a half of a year, I am back, and happy to bring good news. The translation of HLA is almost complete. There are still some work to do. But we have already prepared the test version of english HLA.

It is not perfect so we don't want to spoil the first impression, but still it has to be tested. So if someone wishes to participate and check the stability of the game, are welcome to contact me (PM, I guess, or this thread) and I will share the test release.

Great stuff! I would be happy to test the english version and provide feedback!

November 11, 2014 at 2:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DeadHead

Replied in PM

--

November 11, 2014 at 4:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Sugary Surprise

I'd also be happy to test it inside and out.

November 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HunterAlpha1

Every time I see this mod's name I keep thinking it says, "Hard-on life"  :D 

November 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DeadHead

Oh, man, this is a good sign. This means it has high potentiality :D

--

November 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Geroj

I can help with something, but my russian is even more worse than my english :D

--

"Mercenaries Never Die They Just Go To Hell To Regroup"